Thank you for your interest in rotating at Michigan Medicine.
The general recommendations for the 2020-21 academic year remain unchanged, however, the recommended time for elective rotations to begin in the 2021-22 academic year has been expanded to include rotations concluding in June or later.
The Health Equity Visiting Clerkship is a 4-week experience sponsored by the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion at Michigan Medicine for M3 and M4 students. The aim of the clerkship is to diversify the pipeline and develop leadership skills to advance diversity, health equity, and inclusion.
The Office for Health Equity and Inclusion leads efforts, advises on best practices, and coordinates initiatives to enhance inclusion, increase diversity, and promote equity across the institution for our patients, staff, faculty and learners.
Together with critical stakeholders, we are committed to:
- Improving the health and well-being of those underrepresented and under-served in health care through continuous quality improvement initiatives, health equity research, inclusion science, implementation science, outcomes research and community based participatory research.
- Creating health equity and inclusion best practices for patient care and pipeline programs for learners, faculty and staff.
- Transforming health care by creating a climate and culture that promotes inclusion, cultural sensitivity, diversity, and health equity.
CLICK HERE for more information about University of Michigan visiting students.
See VSLO Requirements
Demonstrated commitment to health equity and inclusion
June, July, August, September preferred. For specific dates, see calendar.
Opportunities for funding may be available for 2021-2022.
- Deadline: Applications accepted until slots are filled.
- Awards Notification: Awardees will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Housing and accommodations is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Step 2: Click here for Supplemental Application to the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion All students must complete the supplemental application for the office for Health Equity and Inclusion.
Step 3: Review Process Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Applications are reviewed individually and awarded on a rolling basis.