The three-week LEAD (Leadership & Enrichment for Academic Diversity) is a joint venture between the Office of Admissions, the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion and Medical Student Education.
1. Introduce students to the medical school environment
2. Provide effective learning strategies
3. Bolster professionalism and leadership skills
4. Increase the commitment to combating health disparities and inequities wherever they exist
What makes this program unique:
The Office for Health Equity and Inclusion (OHEI). OHEI faculty and staff will provide leadership development, exposure to social determinants of health, community building, social identity development and the development of social justice advocates.
• Anatomy and Histology -- Faculty will provide exposure to medical school related content in anatomy and histology both in the classroom setting and the lab.
• Learning to Learn -- Office of Medical Student Education staff will assist with learning strategies, including goal setting, organization and self-directed learning techniques.