NOTIFICATION: AS OF 5/18/2020, THERE WILL BE NO VISITING STUDENT ROTATIONS OFFERED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN MEDICAL SCHOOL, AS PART OF MICHIGAN MEDICINE, DURING THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR. CLICK HERE for more information about University of Michigan visiting students.
The Health Equity Visiting Clerkship is a 4-week clerkship sponsored by the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion (OHEI) at Michigan Medicine. The aim is to promote the development of medical students interested in health equity and inclusion work.
The Office for Health Equity and Inclusion leads efforts, advises on best practices, and coordinates initiatives to enhance inclusion, increase diversity, and promote equity across the institution for our patients, staff, faculty and learners.
Together with critical stakeholders, we are committed to:
- Improving the health and well-being of those underrepresented and under-served in health care through continuous quality improvement initiatives, health equity research, inclusion science, implementation science, outcomes research and community based participatory research.
- Creating health equity and inclusion best practices for patient care and pipeline programs for learners, faculty and staff.
- Transforming health care by creating a climate and culture that promotes inclusion, cultural sensitivity, diversity, and health equity.
Demonstrated commitment to health equity and inclusion
July, August, September preferred. For specific dates, see calendar.
Unfortunately, OHEI will not provide funding for 2020-2021 Health Equity Visiting Clerkships.
- Deadline: Applications accepted until slots are filled.
- Awards Notification: Awardees will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Housing and accommodations is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Step 2: Click here for Supplemental Application to the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion All students must complete the supplemental application for the office for Health Equity and Inclusion.
Step 3: Review Process Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Applications are reviewed individually and awarded on a rolling basis.